Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 3: 11:27 AM

I thought about lying today. I seriously did. I sat down at my computer, felt the remaining tightness in my chest, and thought about skipping a day. Or two. Or three. You know, skipping, but saying I didn't. By the time I was done thinking about it, I had changed into my workout clothes and started up my iPod. I figured I got that far, may-as-well get to it.

My chest is still tight. I wore the loosest binder I could find. Barely any compression. Kind of like wearing an old worn-out one-piece swim suit with the bottoms cut off. I sort of forgot how difficult binders are to get in and out of when they're doing their job. This one was so easy.

I decided I should probably take it easy today, since my chest was still tight. I wanted to make sure my legs felt the burn though. I jogged at a moderate pace for 30 seconds, walked quickly for 30 seconds, jogged for 30 seconds, walked for 30 seconds, et cetera, ad nauseum. Eventually that got to be too much for my lungs and they started getting all burny again and I started gulping air. So I'd walk for a minute. Then I'd bound ahead for only six steps, but I extended my stride to make them more like leaps. Then I'd walk for a minute. Then I'd take 30 or so very little steps very quickly. Then I'd walk for a minute. I repeated that.

It was actually kind of fun. Despite the looks I got from the people around me.

I let my cool down walk last about ten minutes. I was just enjoying the outside and the little grotto area in the park. By the time I got to the stairs, my lungs had calmed back into just a little tightness, so I ran up the stairs. Don't be too impressed. We're on the second floor.

I decided that today I should add a little more to my workout, so I did three sets of ten of push ups and crunches. The last set of crunches started killing my chest again, so I decided to stop there.

I felt around what I can easily feel of my ribs. There doesn't seem to be any tenderness. I've been coughing some. This morning I was eating a peach and the coughing wouldn't stop. But it may just be allergies. If it keeps it up, I'll go to a clinic. But it's already better than yesterday, so I'm probably fine.

2 comments: