I procrastinated a lot today. I wrote a post on another blog. I applied to a few jobs I have little hope of getting. I wrote a little of my play. And then I talked to my friend with whom I'm staying. We started talking about chores that need to be done and grocery shopping and it was clear I was going to have to get a shower and get dressed at some point.
So I got on the bike with my iPod. It's so much faster than finding the proper attire and going outside. I was determined not to get distracted today. I wanted to concentrate on the workout.
I went nearly the same distance in twenty minutes that I did in thirty yesterday. I was getting distracted. I thought of getting hair. I snapped out of it. I thought of obscenely chompable trapezius I recently had the pleasure of seeing. I snapped out of it. I thought about what I need from the grocery store. I snapped out of it. I thought about how my legs looked and felt in high school, when I rode my bike everywhere. I thought of the muscles, bulging and well-defined and hard, yet supple and flexible. I snapped into gear. I zoned into my music, one particular song that played at the end of my ride pushing me to go harder and faster.
I pushed myself as hard as I could, my breath picking up pace from slow and steady to vocal and rhythmic, my sweat dripping off of me and onto the floor, my legs giving up any signals that they were in distress and pushing themselves to keep going. I pretended a zombie was chasing me. I kept going. Faster.
I turned up the tension on the bike. I stood and leaned into the handlebars, pushing my legs as far as they would go for the last minute. I turned down the tension as the song ended. I let my legs leisurely slow to a crawl. My thighs burned.
I followed up with a few push ups, but my legs couldn't really hold me up and I hate doing them on my knees. I turned over for crunches and just lay there for a couple minutes before pulling myself into a couple sets.
My thighs still burn, but it's only been over for fifteen minutes.
A shorter workout than yesterday. But much harder.
*smile* Great workout! I'm enjoying the descriptions.
ReplyDelete"I thought of obscenely chompable trapezius I recently had the pleasure of seeing."
*laugh* Glad I could help, or distract, or something!
Ferns
Ferns
So proud you signed it twice! :)
DeleteHey, do you want to encourage lovely comments or not?
ReplyDeleteFerns
Ferns
Ferns
Ferns
So there...
And Ferns
I would like all of the lovely comments, please. If you are willing to share. Please.
Delete